Heartmade blessings.....



An old friend came to see me today..We have been friends for years..Just run into each other around the holidays. Our children were friends when they were young. Good to see her, she told me about her mom and her battle with cancer..A really ugly story..She was one of those moms you would think was her sister, she was the life of all the parties! She is a very young 60 years old. I cannot put into words how badly I felt for her. She and her mom are so close, I did not know what to say..What do you say? What do you do?
I remembered Heartmade blessings. They are a charity group that sends afghans to those people suffering a loss, tragedy, or going through a rough time that need to be reminded of the simple fact that people care.
I thought this is it...I contacted the web site and within 24 hours someone got back to me and said within 6 weeks my friends mother would recieve an afghan..Each square is from someone else in the country. Each square is labled with that persons name. The charity is a wonderful organization. They collect squares and have woman from each area that assembles them. some examples click here
Here is a photo of my square I made this afternoon to send to her so I may participate in my friends, mom's afghan.. I will do a few more to send. This one is called butterfly square. Can you see the butterfly in the picture? I love it.. Please stop by their web site and check it out. Heartmade blessings.

Comments

Sandie said…
Heartmade Blessings is a wonderful organization of caring folks. They do a beautiful job and I'm sure your friend and her mother will be well satisfied. It was good of you to think of it.

Popular Posts