Anticipation....






A while back, a good long while. I saw these shawls on Ravelry

These shawls come from a book Crochet Lace by Mary Konior. Try as I might I was unable to find this book..If you try ebay or Amazon it goes as high as 250!! or more. I tried used books stores, you name it.

Well last week I did a search of Florida libraries and there it was. I called my local library and had them do a book hold on it...I had such anxiety that for some reason it may not happen. He said it will take at least a week. I did not care as long as I could get my hot little hands on this beauty. Meanwhile that night I heard on the local news that a homeless man went in the library and beat up that very librarian...He was hospitalized. (I cant make this stuff up.) All I could think..God forgive me, is I hope he ordered my book.
Well a librarian, called me yesterday morning at work and said I have your book. She said "you know this book is quite valuable" I was like "Oh really?" My heart was pounding just thinking about picking up that book, running home, making a cup of tea and savoring every page. I was happy all day... A little hitch in my giddy-up!

Anyway I go to pick it up, I get to the desk and blurt out my name, frantically looking around for the book. I have to see it! She brings the book over and keeps a hold of it. I now can see it just not touch it.
I'm thinking give me the damn book lady. But the civilized side of me is patiently waiting, sweat dripping down my back, palms itching. After a long, what is your name and address. (even though I gave this during the first phone call. I never remember borrowing a library book taking sooooo long) I had it in my arms. I hugged it oh so tight against my chest and ran to my car.
No.... I did not read it in my car, I went home and set the scene, hot tea, sweat pants, and empty house.. for full concentration. Just as I'm sitting to read my new treasure..Hubby comes in the door.
I did not even get to page one.
"Lets go eat" he says, the bike is running, lets enjoy this night. (I thought, no cooking?) Yea OK. My book will have to wait.
So finally last night about 10. I reset the scene and read my book. It is everything I waiting for and more. I will take this to my job Monday and copy all these patterns for me to keep. Ahhh victory!

Comments

Pammy Sue said…
I missed your post on Thursday somehow. Your dog is so cute!

Great storytelling. You had my sweating bullets for you too. I'll have to keep my eyes out for that book. I'd love to look through it.

Love that thrift shop tablecloth your aunt held for you. It's so great to find treasures like that for little or nothing.
cathleen said…
I enjoyed reading the description and anticipation of your long awaited book. I do that too! It's the simple things in life that bring such joy and contentment. Have a sweet weekend, Neicee and thank you for the lovely comment on my blog.
Mimi said…
I love your post!
I just saw the lovely shawls from that book, over at Ravelry, and it makes me so envious!

Popular Posts