Weekend accomplishemnts





Had some me time this weekend. Worked on my color card scarf, copied Vicki Howells.  Hers is knit and I will be doing it in knit because this has poor drape and although I like... it not loving it.  Started a new shawl..Ruby its on Ravelry for purchase.  Says it was tested by several testers but I found an error on row 6 Ugg after I had started and restarted 6 times.  Now I received an email that yes indeed there is an error.  So do I scrap it, or try and continue.  I really don't need another WIP.  Before the Internet I never had a WIP.  I would select a project usually an afghan, purchase the yarn. Make the project and done.  Never had a stash or a billion patterns.  I don't always feel great about a stash..Feels like gluttony.


I need to amend this post to include that I was inspired by the Beautiful, talented Teresa Kasner for my shawl.  I am still posting from my laptop, quickly posted from my work computer today....bad girl. So thats why I forgot the link and the inspiration of Teresa.  I dont currently know how to do much from my Macbook given to me by my kids Tom and Rachel so thats why I cannot post the link.  I am not a person good with computers. 

Comments

Amy said…
Neicee, I totally agree. A small stash is nice for an unplanned project or playing around, but my stash just makes me feel guilty and like I should be using it all up before buying more. I am glad I'm not alone!

I do love your crocheted scarf -- but will enjoy seeing it's knitted sister! :)

Amy
Petunia Pill said…
Ugh, I don't like it when I make something and don't love it! But, I have to admit, I usually learn a lesson from it! I love the rainbow of colors. Rainbows always speak some type of magic to me. Hugs, Annette
Eileen said…
I fell the same way about my stash-"Gluttony". Have you heard about the Stash-Buster Challenge for 2013. You can sign up at http://lindacraftycorner.blogspot.com/2013/01/stash-buster-challenge-2010.html. I hope you will join us. There are over 100 signed up and we are stash-busting all over blogland! Take care,
Eileen:)
Mereknits said…
I really find so many errors in patterns, it is a bit crazy. Love the scarf, the colors are brilliant. I agree that knitting it would help the drape, or going up a crochet hook size might help, too. Love the shawl pattern, I think you are needing bright, beautiful colors in your life right now.
Hugs to you,
Meredith
Anonymous said…
I love all your beautiful colorful work! That's the pits about the pattern error though! Is there a way to fudge along with it?
Danette
Astri said…
This is scarf is really something. I love the order in which your placed the colors. Gorgeous!
Teresa Kasner said…
Hi Neicee! I was reading your blog and was happy and surprised that you gave me a mention in your blog about that shawl. I found lots of mistakes in that pattern, too. I had to rip out the whole thing twice and do it all a 3rd time! But I love love LOVE the finished product and get tons of compliments on it! I just added your link on my blog list so I don't miss another of your posts. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)
Yarn-Madness said…
I'm glad you've found your way to my blog! :D
This looks lovely, so colorful and cheerful - just what I like!
heather said…
I love all the bright, rainbow-ey colors. So pretty!!

Popular Posts