Saturday Snippets







Happy Saturday! I cannot believe how the weeks fly by and its the end of July almost!  After my flag afghan I decided to do something mindless and easy my old standby pattern sideways shell, with some clearance yarn from Joann's I purchased a Ton of it for 1.99.  I love the way the yarn pools. I try to make my baby afghans with little or no holes, so babies toes and fingers dont go through.  I purchased a new Japanese crochet book from Etsy. I love it! You have to be able to read charts obviously.   

Gorgeous yarn I picked up from Tuesday morning for 3 dollars a skein..Im thinking a knit hat this winter. 


Working on a quilt also try to complete a block or two before work each day.  Its the dog days of summer here, it is so brutally hot your wet and nasty as soon as you leave the house to get to your car.  Its misery. Thank god for AC I barely leave the house this time of year except to go to work and store! Hope you enjoy your Saturday.

Comments

hooksandyarns said…
Hi Neicee. Love the baby blanket - the colors are pretty and they do pool nicely. Your quilt blocks are gorgeous - the prints are so bright and cheery. :)
Mereknits said…
You found that gorgeous yarn at Tuesday Morning? I have never been there but now I just might, that yarn is beautiful. I have been for a walk, washed sheets on beds and am now off to run errands, my life is so exciting. How are you holding up in this heat? I think it is gross for this time of year.
Hugs to you,
Meredith
Anonymous said…
Hey Girl!
All your stuff looks scrumptious as always! What is that book with the hanger covers in it? They look divine. We have had some serious heat and humidity too but have enjoyed a bread for a few days. Ahhh.... BUT back to heat and humidity tomorrow they say. Stay cool and keep crocheting beautiful things :)))
Love,
Danette
Anonymous said…
Oh! DUH!!! Sorry ~ Blonde moment 3 million! I see the book :)))
Danette

{and stop laughing ~ one Blonde to another....}
Teresa Kasner said…
I love that baby blanket.. what stitch is it? That book looks fun, too. So much pretty color! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)
Lynne said…
Everything I love - quilt blocks, crochet, books about crochet, and yarn for crochet (good deal by the way. Tuesday Morning is fun, you never know what your going to find there). I'm already looking forward to fall and cooler weather.
Have fun working on your new projects!
Unknown said…
Hi Denise, I couldn't find an e-dress so will comment here: LOVE the wool-eater blanket! Where can I find the pattern? I don't think I have ever seen it. I came to your blog looking for the pattern for the rose-topped tea cozy - via Pinterest - via a repin of the cozy...........I too live daily with a scattered mind!!!! crochet helps me concentrate and keep the committe in my head gagged and tied [coupled with 1 audio - conversation / listening to another, a book on tape, etc.
BTW -- this post is for YOU, not really 4 the web ;-) Eunice.

Popular Posts