Tumbler quilt

Finished this tumbler quilt this weekend.  It came out great..I love the fabric line, its from Moda.  Cannot seem to remember the name of the fabric.















As I was handsewing on the binding I was remembering...falling asleep when I was a child hearing the humming of the sewing machine, my mother had a sewing area in our kitchen my dad built.  We have talked about it and she would sew after us kids went to bed at night and she also suffered from  insomnia. I am going to visit her this week in PA. Be back soon!  We plan on sewing as much as possible.

Comments

Kris said…
I love the quilt. Such pretty colors!!! What a nice memory of your Mom too. My Mom didn't sew, and I always longed to learn. It is the first thing I bought when we married. A sewing machine from Sears.
Have a wonderful time visiting with, and sewing with, your Mama!
xo Kris
Gorgeous quilt! Love the colours and the clever pattern. My son remembers and loves the sound of my sewing machine for the same reason - I always sewed while he slept during the day as a baby. Enjoy your sewing with your Mom - you've reminded me I must book my own mother for one of those days soon! E x
hooksandyarns said…
I love the quilt - the fabrics are gorgeous. Have a great visit with your Mom. :)
Anonymous said…
What a beautiful quilt! :)
Anonymous said…
Love, love, love!
Teresa Kasner said…
Hi there! I love your quilt! How nice that you're going to visit your mom.. are you taking this quilt to show her? That is neat that you have memories of your mom's sewing machine humming away as you drifted off to sleep. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)
Pammy Sue said…
Very pretty, Neicee! Have a wonderful trip.
Sandy said…
That quilt is gorgeous! I absolutely love the fabric you used :)
Dawnie said…
Beautiful! Gunna see your sista too!
glor said…
Wow! How beautiful. Love the colors. Have a lovely visit.
Kar said…
Beautiful quilt Neicee! Love the colors and patterns you put into it. :)
Mereknits said…
I hope you are having a great visit with your family. Get some rest and relax, by the way beautiful quilt.
Meredith
Sandy said…
Popping back in as I make blog rounds.

Sandy's Space

Popular Posts