Sunshine





































My son forced us to take a couple days off. We have so much going on in our personal lives that my wonderful son held down the fort at work while we took a few days to regroup.
I often forget I live in the Sunshine state...The vacation capital of the world.  I can walk to the beach from my house.
But I get so wrapped up in daily life and working that I dont realize how beautiful it is here. I am lucky.  I am trying to focus on what is important in my life and so much of it is good.  I  am staying away from the computer and checking in on friends and blogs only once a week.  I am taking things one day at a time as they say.

  We went out to one of the many islands around our area and it was amazing, peaceful.  I knitted booties for charity and Tom fished. We stayed out from morning till dark! I took a picture of a sponge because we live in Tarpon Springs, and the water had a lot of conch in it.  Tom is holding up one.. You can eat them but its against the law to take them from the water.  We had a wonderful time. 

Comments

hooksandyarns said…
Beautiful pictures - I'm glad you enjoyed your day. :)
Kris said…
What fabulous photos! I can totally identify with you. We too are going through a rough spell. I am not posting as I usually do. Been taking it, as you said, one day at a time.
You will be in my thoughts. Hang in there. And focusing on all of the many good things, does help!!
Love ya,
Kris
byhooks4u said…
I have to agree.Florida is a wonderful state and you are so blessed to be so close to the beach. Enjoy life and all its blessings..hugs
Anonymous said…
Oh what a wonderful peaceful day! Sounds like you needed it. Glad you were able to get away for a day and enjoy yourself. :) The bootie is cute to!
Anonymous said…
I'm so glad you shared your time away with us. Goodness gracious! It is so beautiful. Makes me want to pack a bag and take off. I hope you are fully rested and had a great time.
Pammy Sue said…
So glad you were able to get away! Looks exactly like what I would love to do. Who is that hunka hunka? Hee-hee.
Mereknits said…
You deserve a beautiful get away even one very close to home. I am thinking Anclote Key, or Three Rooker Bar? I have been to both years ago and the beauty is amazing. Sun, time outside and time with yarn always helps.
Hugs to you dear friend,
Meredith
Anonymous said…
I am so glad you had such a wonderful, sunny time with your hubby!
How I would love to be able to walk to the beach from home. I am in the Midwest flooding right now! :(((
Oh well....the sun will shine some day.
Love the knitted booties.
And LOVIN' the Pedicure Girl! :)))
Stay warm and happy my friend,
Danette
Teresa Kasner said…
Wow, you live in paradise! Good for you to take time for yourself and enjoy what is around you. We're at the beach for a week on the Oregon coast.. it is SO different from yours! Pop over and see if you have a minute. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)
Dawnie said…
Beautiful pix. Glad you get to renew a bit. Excited to see you soon. Love!

Popular Posts