Tiramisu!




I finished up a Tiramisu baby blanket this weekend. The pattern can be found here
I love it so easy and elegant looking. I used cotton yarn this time, I usually use acrylic, due to ease of care and durability. I have seen so much use of this Lion Brand cotton, I love the feel and thought I would give it a whirl.
First of all it is nice to crochet with gives a nice soft but firm fabric, the down side to the yarn is it seems to have a cut off point or knot in the middle of each skein and it takes quite a bit of fancy stitching to hide it!
So I may use again for a baby sweater or somthing smaller, maybe granny squares. But as far as large projects, I dont think so. Its average cost is 5.49 so for a more expensive yarn you would expect a bit higher quailty as compared to Red heart yarn (2.20 per skein) that wears like iron. I have an afghan from my Wedding made by my Nana that still goes on my bed in the winter almost 26 years later, its in perfect condition. This baby afghan will be donated to New borns in need.

Comments

Anonymous said…
That is realy cute :)

Popular Posts