Crazy times

     I am not sure what made me return to my old friend blogger today.  I once thought my life could not get any crazier..I was wrong.  These times are changing by the hour and we are all looking for some comfort in our days of anxiety. I started this blog in 2007, while going through a trial for a sexual assault on my then 16 year old daughter.  To say these times were stressful is putting it mildly. I did not sleep much at all.  So, I decided a good outlet for my anxiety would be to blog.  
     I crocheted my whole life and this was something I turned to as a form of therapy many times.  I did not call it therapy but looking back that is what is was and while I was up many nights crocheting to occupy my mind, I came up with the idea of "Insomniac with a hook" to document my journey.   
     Recently with Covid 19 hitting our country, I am reminded of those sleepless times and once again I find myself up very late with my hook.   Lets see where this journey takes me. 

This blanket was a challenge from my mother to given to me and my sister Dawn.  The challenge was to come up with a quilted or crocheted blanket of something Covid related. My blanket was a interpritation of the actual covid spore you see so often on the news.  Working on this, the planning the crocheting the sewing in of ends, kept me busy many weeks.  While researching, I found many colors of the covid spore and that is how I came up with my blanket.  



Comments

Popular Posts