A Semi-Tutorial Quickie Quilt Top











I want to start out by saying this is NOT my pattern. I got the pattern here. It is a great idea! What you need is 3 different fabrics, 1 yard each! Start out by taping out a rectangle on your cutting mat 18 by 21. Then you fold your one yard each piece of fabric and put in that rectangle. Square up ends. (Save pieces for another scrap quilt later!)
Now you will be making two cuts one 9 inches in from the side and one 9 inches in from the middle.. See her pattern for a great picture of what you are to do.
Now you have four pieces as shown in the picture. two side strips 9 by 24, two top and bottom border strips 9 by 18 and one center panel and four 9 inch squares. When you do this three times on your 3 one yard pieces you have 3 quilt tops as shown in my photo.. It is easy quick and fun! I need to buy pink flannel to back them with. I suggest you go to this link and print the PDF for yourself and qet quilting! They make great charity blankets.

She also gives a great idea on quilting this quilt, and how to avoid putting on a binding. I have so enjoyed making these, I look around at all the one yard pieces I have and realize I have a lot to make quilt tops!

I have a new appreciation for people and bloggers who put out tutorials for us. Its not easy, and very time consuming. I will in the future make sure to thank them so much for doing that for us.. A few come to mind like Crazy Mom Quilts and Cluck Cluck sew, OH Fransson. Enjoy! Later Y'all! D

Comments

Doris Sturm said…
I don't quilt and it's a good thing I don't because I can see you need a lot of room. I live in a cracker jack box! I admire people that quilt and sew.
Pammy Sue said…
What is that thing that looks like a cross between an old telephone handset and an iron??
MamaLezlie said…
Thank you for this follow-up article on the quick quilt. I printed off the directions!

Popular Posts